Medical gloves and examination gloves protect the wearer from potentially harmful particles, bio-hazards, chemicals, and other hazardous substances. Furthermore, the use of medical gloves reduces the risk of cross-contamination between healthcare professionals and patients. There are certain things to keep in mind before using medical gloves:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before you put on the gloves and after disposing of the gloves.
- Make sure the gloves fit securely and properly. Gloves should not slip during procedures or any patient care activities.
- Always change gloves in case of any tear or rip.
- Never reuse medical gloves.
- Never share used medical gloves with any other person.