In the present pandemic times, performing hand hygiene is essential to ensure your protection and safety. Hand hygiene should always be performed before donning or after taking off PPE like face masks, face shields, gloves, and medical gowns. Follow these steps to clean your hands and prevent the spread of germs:
- Wet your hands with clean and running water and apply soap.
- Lather the back and front of both your hands, under your nails, and in between fingers properly.
- Rub hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Use clean and running water to wash your hands.
- Use a clean towel to dry your hands or air dry them.
When the option of water and soap is not available, you can also use an alcohol-based based hand sanitizer. Remember, if proper hand hygiene procedure is not followed, then it can result in accidental exposure to infectious particles or harmful contaminants.