Coronavirus in humans most commonly spread from an infected individual to others through:
- Close contact like shaking hands or touching.
- Through air by respiratory droplets (sneezing or coughing without covering the face).
- Touching an infected object or surface and then touching your face (nose, eyes, mouth) without washing hands.
To protect yourself, follow these simple steps:
- Keep away from people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with water and soap or alcohol-based sanitizer (for a minimum of 20 seconds) on a frequent basis.
- Maintain physical distancing when outside your home.